Simulation enables us to study the development or behaviour of a part, material or actual system, without direct experimentation on these objects.
Applicable to almost all fields in the industrial sector, this substitution of the digital for the real provides a powerful driver of competitiveness by:
- Expanding knowledge in industrial fields: calculation of structures, mechanics, systems, aerodynamics, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, acoustics, thermomagnetics, digital production
- Improving the reliability and predictability of the behaviour of systems over time
- Reducing development time and costs as well as the number of actual trials needed to perfect products
- Optimising risk analysis
- Automating development cycles
- Guaranteeing compliance with quality standards and regulations
Here, simulation followed the development of outsourcing, shifting over two decades from a simple logic of minimising costs to creating value.
All fields involved in simulation
Drawing on over twenty years of experience, Sogeti High Tech France brings together over one thousand engineers who design, develop and use simulation systems applied to physical and software engineering. We serve as a partner research firm for our clients, capable of developing custom-tailored tools and delivering a full service package, from design to analysis of findings, including simulation calculations and models.
Innovation and expertise
These missions contribute to improving performance of our clients' simulation tools, providing them with multiphysics platforms, virtualising and optimising testing and refining network configuration tools.
Our company provides comparison services for tools and methods, validation of research and simulation policies, development of internal research divisions and engineer and developer training.
From theory to practice
Our company is continuously reinforcing its expertise in two aspects: that of research, and that of projects performed for our clients. In this endeavour, we are supported by competencies in algorithms, high-performance calculations, distributed architectures, parallelism, digital production and modelling, network configuration, virtual testing and flight, system and cockpit simulators.
Our global resources
We have an integrated digital research firm that supplies "turnkey" deliverables and five centres of excellence around the world:
- Two in Toulouse, dedicated to research and software development
- One in Aix-en-Provence, specialising in physical and software engineering
- One in Hamburg, dedicated to structural studies
- One in Bangalore, India, featuring all of these competencies
- Jean-Michel FreySimulation Manager
+33 (0)5 34 46 93 21
Jean-Michel FreySimulation Manager
+33 (0)5 34 46 93 21
<p style="text-align: justify;">Jean-Michel earned his doctorate in energetic fluid mechanics from the National Polytechnic Institute of Toulouse and worked for six years conducting academic research at the Fluid Mechanics Institute.<br />After joining Sogeti High Tech in 2000 as a developer, he became a cluster manager, followed by a technical branch manager, specialising in scientific software. He then supervised a centre of excellence comprising one hundred and ten engineers. Since 2011, he has dedicated his time to the development of projects and activities related to simulation, in the aeronautics, energy and transport sectors.</p> <p><cite title=""Doubting everything and believing everything are two equally comfortable solutions, both of which excuse us from thinking."">"Doubting everything and believing everything are two equally comfortable solutions, both of which excuse us from thinking."</cite> Henri Poincaré</p>